THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 2, 2009

walk away


Just because I smile and smile
And happiness is my coat…,
You think that I’m a gatepost
Numb to the stab of pain.

Just because of the laugh on my lips
And my eyes lowered in respect…
You think I’m like a stone,
And don’t know what it is to die.

But like a mighty man of valour,
I arise from your quagmire of deception
And break free from ur chains
For my hair is now again fully grown

My eyes see right through you;
For the wind has brought me word of your manipulation.

I smile at my naivety to give u a chance to prove me wrong,
But its true "Gwowonya egere,yalikusambya"
But now,i rub ur slime off my shoulder,
Lace my shoes,and leave u to behold my back
As i walk away...to the place called
Far,far away

9 comments:

Unknown said...

yap there are mob deep dentiments-call it "FEELINGS" involved...
some pple think they have all the basis covered,and ride on the puff of manipulation,thinking they can take u for granted,coz ur good to them....
Well its just that, a puff...and now as i walk away,that puff evaporates into the thinness of their self-absorption..
Anyway Providence shall serve shall be the one to carry out the vengeance..and may He be lenient.
thank God for blogs coz i can write watever i want...@()#*%$%*

eizzy.k said...

yeah, and the emotional ones are the best!

well its good you know when to walk away. dunno how recent this poem in the current events of your life...but i been going trough something similar...but not exactly the same.
The "You" you refer to in your poem if family in my situation.
i just cant walk away.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

its a recent thing,i actually made it up just as i was on my blog yesterday...
sorry about ur situation,esp that u cant walk away from it...
but it feels good to walk away...its like scales being lifted off ur eyes,and all of a sudden seeing things in a totally different light,view and angle

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lulu said...

WOW, WOW!SO VISUAL , SO DEEPLY VISUAL

Anonymous said...

i didn't walk...I ran with tears blinding my eyes...

Unknown said...

@ therisingpage
wat happend to u man?seems its bringing back not so good memories

Anonymous said...

Sometimes i guess we need to be reminded of where we came from in order to appreciate where we are